Department of Computer Science
UM Institute for Advanced
and Center for Bioinformatics and
Research interests: statistical and computational
methods for high-throughput genomics. Second-generation sequencing
data quality assessment and analysis. Computational epigenomics.
I also work on general methods for machine learning and data mining: kernel methods for predictive model building;
mixed-integer programming for combinatorial estimation problems; theoretical results on semidefinite programming for model selection; classical database query optimization techniques
for querying probabilistic data.
More detail on my research projects may be found here
, but some highlights include:
- Anti-profiles: classifying cancer using heterogeneity
- Computational epigenomics
- Second-generation sequencing data quality assessment and analysis
- Extending Smoothing-Spline ANOVA models with pedigree data
- Tree-Structured Covariance Matrices for Gene Expression Analysis