Bio Publications Co-authors Contact
I am currently a postdoctoral researcher at the Center for Bioinformatics and Computational Biology (CBCB) at University of Maryland, College Park.
Previously, I was a postdoctoral researcher at the Institute for Theoretical Computer Science (ITCS) at Tsinghua University for the 2009-2010 academic year.
I graduated with a Ph.D. from UC Berkeley in 2009, where I was co-advised by
Christos Papadimitriou and
Satish Rao in
theoretical computer science.
I graduated with a B.S. from Cornell University in 2003, where I did research with
Eva Tardos and
Publications and Manuscripts
- Computational Biology and Bioinformatics
- On Using Optical Maps for Genome Assembly.
H. Lin, S. Goldstein, D. Schwartz, M. Pop. In preparation.
- Thousands of New Genes with Strong Computational Support Found in Bacterial Genomes.
D. Wood1, H. Lin1, A. Levy-Moonshine1,
R. Swaminathan, Y. Chang, B. Anton, L. Osmani, M. Steffen, S. Kasif, S. Salzberg.
1Denotes joint first authorship. In submission.
- Network Routing
- A Stronger Bound on Braess's Paradox.
[ Slides ]
H. Lin, T. Roughgarden, and E. Tardos.
In SODA 2004.
- Braess's Paradox, Fibonacci Numbers, and Exponential Inapproximability.
[ Slides ]
H. Lin, T. Roughgarden, E. Tardos, and A. Walkover.
In ICALP 2005.
- Linked Decompositions, Internet Routing, and the Power of Choice in Polya Urns.
[ Slides ]
C. Amanatidis, R. Karp, H. Lin, C. Papadimitriou, and M. Sideri.
In Soda 2008.
- On the Price of Anarchy of a Network Creation Game.
H. Lin. Manuscript 2003.
- On the Minimum Latency Scheduling Problem.
H. Lin, F. Schalekamp. In Submission.
- Complexity, Optimization, and Other Topics
- On Hardness Amplification of One-Way Functions.
H. Lin, L. Trevisan, and H. Wee.
In TCC 2005.
- Robust Optimization of Contaminant Sensor Placement for Community Water Systems.
R. Carr, W. Hart, H. Greenberg, G. Konjevod, E. Lauer, H. Lin, T. Morrison, C. Phillips.
In Mathematical Programming Series B: Special Issue on Robust Optimization 2005.
- Online Bipartite Matching with Augmentations.
K. Chaudhuri, C. Daskalakis, R. Kleinberg, H. Lin.
In INFOCOM 2009.
Office: Biomolecular Sciences Bldg #296, Room 3120F
Email: henrylin [at] umiacs.umd.edu
Current Website: University of Maryland Homepage
Previous UC Berkeley Website: UC Berkeley Homepage
Previous Tsinghua Website: Tsinghua Homepage
Fellow Researchers at the Center for Bioinformatics and Computational Biology at UMD.
Standard disclaimer: This material is presented to ensure timely dissemination of scholarly and technical work. Copyright and all rights therein are retained by authors or by other copyright holders. All persons copying this information are expected to adhere to the terms and constraints invoked by each author's copyright. In most cases, these works may not be reposted without the explicit permission of the copyright holder.
Last updated 2/1/2012.