Bioinformatics jobs/internshipsJob details. Date posted:
Job Opening: Bioinformatics Analyst
The Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research (FNLCR)-Developmental Therapeutics Program,Target Structure-based Drug Discovery Group (TSBDDG) in conjunction with the NCI/USAMRIID Interagency Agreement works to identify targets and to develop therapeutics in both biothreat and cancer models.
Will independently perform the following duties: provide automation and optimization of existing high-throughput laboratory computing workflows and to develop genomic/proteomic bioinformatic tools. Will synchronize use of high-throughput computing resources. These datasets must be stored and tracked through the workflow by a data management system. Many of the datasets will also require custom tools (scripts/software) for analysis. Specifically, they will support ongoing work in the Center for Genome Sciences at USAMRIID. This position requires that candidates must be a US Citizen.
- Possession of a Bachelor’s degree in biomedical science/bioinformatics/math/computer related field from an accredited college or university or four (4) years related experience in lieu of degree. Foreign degrees must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency.
- In addition to education requirements, a minimum of eight (8) years related experience in a laboratory environment with a strong background in database management and utility programming.
- Proficient in Ingenuity Pathways Analysis with experience in cancer and bioterror target discovery.
- Extensive experience with expression data analysis focused on target discovery in cancer and bioterror projects.
- This position is subject to obtaining a Public Trust Clearance.
- Masters degree preferred.
- R programming for analysis of cancer target databases and experience with Pipeline Pilot framework for deployment of analysis applications.